Saturday, February 21, 2009

Spring Fairy Tutorial FTU




I created this tutorial on 2/15/09. This tutorial is my own creation and if it resembles any other tutorial it's purely coincidental. I created this tutorial in PSP X but it should be able to be done in any version.

Supplies you will need:

Scrap kit of choice. I used the beautiful work of Doris at Scraps Dimensions and it's a freebie.

A tube of choice. I'm using the awesome work of Rion Vernon's Pinuptoons. You have to have a license to use his artwork. You can purchase his works at CILM. Please don't use this tube unless you have a license to do so.

Mask of choice or the one I used which is Vix_mask_valentine13. Which you can download from her site here. You will find her masks listed under the tab goodies.

Font of choice. I used Candombe which is a ptu font so I can't supply it.

Let's Begin:

Open a new canvas 600x600. Flood fill white. We can resize and crop later.

Copy and paste a paper of choice onto your canvas I used paper 7. Then go to layers, Load/save mask and find your mask. Use my settings: Source Luminance, Fit to canvas, Hide all mask. Click ok. Then merge your mask group.

Open a paper of choice I used paper 9 minimize it on your workspace. Set your foreground color to pattern and find your paper 9 in your patterns. Set your background to null. Then click on your preset shapes and set it to Ellipse. Set your width to 10 and draw out a circle on your canvas. Size is up to you. Go to Objects, Align, Center in canvas. Once happy with your circle convert to raster layer.

Grab your magic wand and click in the center of your circle and go to Selections, Modify, Expand by 5. Add a new raster layer and flood fill with a color of choice. I used #CCD5DE. Then go to Effects, Plugins, and find Mura Meister Clouds. I used the default settings. Click ok. Move that layer below your frame layer. Keep selected.

Open your pond and copy and paste as a new layer. Resize until it fits inside your frame the way you like it. Go to Selections, Invert, then hit delete on your keyboard. Select none. I resized mine 80% smartsize. I then added some daffidil tube behind the pond. Once happy with the scene inside your frame dropshadow the pond, daffidils, and the frame. I used H/V: 1 Opacity:50 Blur:5.00 color black.

Open Decor 2 resize 80% smartsize. Paste as a new layer and move to just above your mask layer. Duplicate and mirror your decor. Merge together your two decor. layers. Duplicate and then flip. Add the same dropshadow to both layers.

Open your tube of choice and paste as a new layer. Position where you think looks best. Dropshadow your tube.

Now resize your tag. I resized mine 85% smartsize. Sharpen all you layers. Add your copyright and license number if needed.

Apply your text. Convert to raster layer. Dropshadow. Save your tag as a Jpeg and thats it your done.

I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial. Would love to see your results. If you would like to show me your results please email me at perfectwhtrose@yahoo.com



No comments: